Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Past


My brother doing an impression of Harry Potter
 The nice thing about this time of year is that we all get together for laughs and making memories.  I find that at times we revert back to our childhood and get into trouble like we used to as kids.  It's amazing how life can fly by and how that as we get older, it becomes more difficult to get together.  But the holidays allow for all of us to celebrate family and friends again.
 We celebrate the people who are no longer here with us by remembering them with several of their items that they used to hang on their trees and in their homes.  The ornaments on my Grandparent's tree from over 20 years ago now decorate my own tree.  We remember those who made a difference in our own lives.
 And of course, there are some ridiculous blackmail moments because you get bored or just want to mess with the other person.
While writing one evening, my sister decided to fling flour into my face....which led to an all out war in the kitchen.
Then there are the forced family photos where we do crazy things in the snow and freeze our butts off! But Mom's chili makes it all worth it:)
 And the new fun with nephews and nieces who make us relive older moments again.  We take the little ones sledding and tubing like we used to do as kids. There is nothing like watching my mother on a tube sliding down a hill.  LOL!!!
 Then there are those spontaneous moments (after a few Christmas spirits) when a snowman is created in the front yard for all to see.
 And those moments when snow falls and covers the city......
And it's what makes the holiday season snow much fun:)  More tomorrow.....

5 comments:

  1. That was awesome!

    I love seeing people's family pictures. Especially the funny ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyna:) You came to my mind when this post was created. I think it's the only family one I've done:) All I can say here is that it gets a bit crazy around this time of year. Hope you and Chuck have some fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great Christmas memories and photos.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I know time flies. I thought I just kept my Christmas tree (plastic!) haha... I love get togethers during Christmas. Lots of sharing, have great food, singing carols and laughters all night long.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!