Sunday, September 5, 2010

Testing...

New Camera Tests....first on a Barrel Cactus

As promised, I wanted to update on this weekend's work in the garden.  It's still too hot in my opinion to be working outside, but the weeds are driving me nuts as are the mesquite pods....they must be cleaned up so I am working sections over the next several days to reclaim the garden and her glory:)

Cereus Monstrose Rojo..new to the garden

So I bought the Canon PowerShot SX20IS. It has exactly what I need, but I am trying to work on the settings right now.  It will take the detailed pics like you see here, but I have yet to figure out the focus so that when I hit the button, it will detail the pic and snap...right now, it just blurs.  I have some more playing around to do.

The Calamondin....a first

The plant above is a new citrus to me that is similiar to an orange, lemon, and lime combined....closer to the kumquat. I'll try it out and see what happens:)




Maybe it's just switching one little thing on the camera for zoom in capability.



The settings seem fine as do the detail

So I know it's possible....


Mexican Bird of Paradise

I have no idea what happened here..but it's a hazy cool...

This was the shot I was trying to get....again the detail




I've learned words such as aperture and ISO and I think it's the aperture I'm trying to fix.....


I've hit the reset to the original settings numerous times.......


Our neighbor's kitty Simon......



A painting I purchased in Mexico


HELP!!!  Yes...these are fine....but um...it took 500 hundred test shots and I still can't focus doesn't want to focus on command for me:(

6 comments:

  1. "Manual mode" versus "Autofocus mode" perhaps?
    Have fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Como sempre belas fotografias...Espectacular....
    Cumprimentos

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked an amazing camera! I tried that one for a bit, but decided I wanted to stick with the DSLR. The Canon produces fabulous photos. Wish I could help you with the macro shots. I'm no good at it myself. Magpie is the macro photographer on our blog. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!
    Thanks for visiting my blog over at Tropical Texana/ Houston. Wow! I love your garden and plantscapes. I'm a teacher as well, so we have a lot in common. I have 3 xeriscape beds even here in Houston. I'll stop by your blog when I can. Teaching, as you well know, can be an intense time grabber.
    Happy Gardening.
    David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tx for following Elephant's Eye. The Ungardener has his eye on your camera. Will be interesting to see how it goes ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL! I see this camera has a HD Movie ability too? Oh my. This is gonna be a fun adventure for us, learning as you learn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!