Monday, November 14, 2011

Nature's Bullies

Lately I've been in a reflective mood as is the case during this time of year.  And this month is a showcase of images that I've snapped from over the past several months.  Today's photo feature deals with bullfrogs in Tucson.  I grew up catching frogs and then releasing them back into the water.  So while at times they gross me out, I think they're quite fascinating.  Here in Tucson during our monsoon, the Colorado River Toad can be seen after a good rain event.  Or during a hike, you might spot a Canyon Tree Frog, but it's the rare treat to actually hear and see bullfrogs around our Sonoran desert.
While at the Sweetwater facility, I found several of them wrestling around in the water.  I'll call it "wrestling", but it could be something else they were up to....:)
Here they are locked in an embrace of some kind.  I had arrived at this facility totally unaware that bullfrogs were swimming around, but I heard their sounds and saw some "action" going on near some reeds.  And so it was.....I came to get duck pictures, but ended up with some fun bullfrog photos. 
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!