Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The 12 Day Countdown

Happy Holidays to my blogging friends!,
Instead of retreading on the same topic from the previous year, I thought I would do something else.  Last year I took you to Winterhaven, Madera Canyon and the Luminarias for the holiday season.  This year I thought I would do something different.  Tucson is an amazing place and I thought I'd go around Tucson and snap shots of the town in its' Christmas glory.  So everyday until Christmas, I'll be featuring an image from my photography shoot with a little description. Afterwards, we'll be heading to Wisconsin and spending some time with the family in Two Rivers.  It should be rather chilly:) Let's get into the holiday spirit.  For me it's not about the religious significance of Christmas as it is more about family.
My hobbit friends(people from WI or aka. "The Shire") have left our green pastures and now live in the desert due to warmer temps:)  However, it's during this time of year, we go through a type of seasonal depression.  This is a difficult time when we miss our family and friends the most along with all of the holiday festivities.  So I thought I'd put together ways to combat this dark depression.  Santa does come to the Old Pueblo.  You just just have to know the right places and times to visit to get into that holiday spirit.  Get ready for some holiday fun in Tucson!  Our first stop......
Random homes.  Take your car or a walk around the neighborhood at NIGHT.  That's the key because at night it's cooler to cold.  The lights attract our eyes and transport us some place else.  My secret.  94.9 FM with Delilah.  It's all Christmas tunes 24/7. I'll hear a song by Bing Crosby and I'll think about something my Grandmother said while that song is playing. That's how my memory works...everything relates to a song.
So whether it's going to Winterhaven or the individual home that goes above and beyond, Tucson has a lot of Christmas spirit! Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love the Tucson photos and I find that music is always linked to memories. gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorations, beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is nice to compare the Christmas decorations around the world, and i think our cities will have a chance to be in the top 10! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!