Thursday, February 16, 2012

Isolated in the Reeds

Cinnamon Teal Duck
Creating is just as fun as reflecting.  There is nothing better than sitting alone in a quiet room and reflecting on my work out in the field after a long day of the real world.  Today I sit with my coffee, some relaxing guitar music and ponder all the little adventures around me.  Yesterday I went to photograph Blackbirds, but instead heard a woman shouting, "Hey Guy!!!  Hey Guy!!!!"  Her voice got louder and louder as I had been engrossed in my potential owl hunt.  Instead Mother Nature wanted me to check out the Bobcat running my way.  I turned and watched the cat near me.  She slowed down and we were only inches apart before she turned into the bushes.  No camera shot or bird(wrong lense for closeups).....just a cool memory and something that made me smile. 
The Sweetwater Wetlands Park is becoming one of my favorite places to visit because something different is always going on there.  So many birds and all of them unique. You have to look past the plethora of waterfowl to see all the other shows that are going on as the ducks can steal your attention away from the other birds in the area.  Sometimes, within a weekend!, a group of birds will come and go.  Each time I go, there is something new to spot or see around the grounds. And so today I leave you with some of my own reflections.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful ducks and the reflections are fantastic. Wonderful photos, I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shots and the reflections are beautiful! I've never seen a Cinnamon Teal before and find it to be just lovely.

    You sound so calm regarding the bobcat! That would of scared me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super photography! The Cinnamon Teal is not an easy bird to approach or expose properly (boy, that jargony sentence makes photogs sound pretty creepy).
    I love the little bolts that we get from Nature, whether they're diving falcons or sleek stalking bobcats or stunning ducks.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, that cinnamon teal is GORGEOUS!!!! such rich tones!!! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors and reflections.. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I agree withthese comments! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I wonder what would have happened if that lady hadn't shouted at you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it a painting or a photograph or a painting? A brown duck, never seen one.You are living in the lap of nature.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots.
    I walk around a lake near me most mornings and I find it different each day. I have mini adventures each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow---love that Cinnamon Teal Duck... The colors are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing...

    Have a wonderful Friday.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. wOw!!! what beautiful shots of such a gorgeous duck!! i've never seen one in person!! THANKS mother nature! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!